Business School

Dean Wilfred S. Lake conducts a marketing class in the Huntington Building in the 1940s.

A business administration class in 1979.

Students work on a business administration project in a School of Business classroom in 1993.

Northeastern University was originally established as the Evening Institute of the Boston YMCA in 1896. Courses in business and finance began to be offered in 1907, and in 1910 the School of Commerce and Finance of the Boston YMCA was incorporated. The College of Business Administration was established in 1922 and offered Northeastern's first full-time business programs. In 1924, the College of Business Administration began incorporating cooperative education into its curriculum. Northeastern launched its first Master of Business Administration program in 1951. In 2006, Northeastern began offering one of the first accredited Online MBA programs. By 1990, an international focus in the College of Business Administration was a foundational feature, with international exchange programs established and international faculty hired. In 1993, the Bachelor of Science in International Business was introduced. In 2012, Northeastern alumni Richard D'Amore and Alan McKim made a combined $60 million gift to Northeastern, the largest investment in the university's history. This led to the College of Business Administration being renamed to the D'Amore-McKim School of Business, which it is called today.